With a large number of individuals and families literally living from one paycheck to the next, a great number of payday lenders are offering those who are strapped for cash with a way to borrow against the guarantee of their next paycheck. For many, life’s unexpected problems often result in a cash shortage, utilities being turned off or car payments being late. Luckily for those who are in immediate need of funds, payday loans often provide the answer to an otherwise serious problem.
Below are 10 tips to using payday loans and lenders. As is the case with any loan, carefully consider the company and its reputation before moving ahead with the loan process.
$If at all possible, repay the loan in full during your next payday. This is a better option than the refinancing of payday loans, which will result in additional fees and interest.
$Do not use payday loans for vacations or unnecessary incidentals, such as jewelry or expensive clothes. Instead, payday loans should only be used for necessities, such as doctor visits and medicine, groceries, utilities, fuel, car repairs, etc.
$Before accepting a payday loan from a lender, make sure that you have read and understand the entire contract. Always read the fine print and ask questions about anything that you do not understand before signing on the dotted line.
$When dealing with a payday loan lender, check out their reputation with the Better Business Bureau.
$If you plan to apply for payday loans, make sure to have copies of your most recent paycheck stubs and contact information for your current employer.
$Payday loans are not commonly granted to self-employed individuals because of their unpredictable income. Rather than applying for payday loans, a self-employed individual may wish to consider a secured personal loan.
$If you find that your payday loans have been refinanced multiple times and are becoming unmanageable, consider applying for a credit card that offers 0% APR for 6-12 months or one with a low introductory interest rate. Upon approval and receipt of the card, use the available credit to pay off your payday loan in order to prevent it from continuing to roll over and increase time after time.
$Even if you have poor credit, you may be able to obtain payday loans. The reason is because a credit check is rarely conducted but rather, in the case of payday loans, the more important verification comes in the form of current employment and salary.
$When you apply for payday loans, you may be required to issue a postdated check in the amount of the loan plus fees and interest, which will be cashed on the date of your next paycheck unless the loan is refinanced.
$Because payday loans focus their intended repayment on the date of your next paycheck, you must be able to provide proof of a regular payday schedule from your current employer.
There comes a time in everyone’s life when you just don’t have enough money to cover your expenses between paydays. Whether it’s due to an emergency car repair, an injury not covered by health insurance or some other emergency it happens to more people than you think and you’re not alone. Most everyone has run out of money before they’ve run out a month and sometimes a payday loan is the right solution for your situation.
Below are 10 tips you need to consider before applying for a payday loan.
1. In order to qualify for a payday loan you need to be at least 18 years old and have a job on a full-time basis.
2. You need to be receiving a steady income on weekly, bi weekly or monthly basis.
3. You need to have a checking or savings account.
4. When you apply for a payday loan online or in person you will need to have proof of these items to convince the lender you are a trustworthy risk and you will be able to pay back your payday loan.
5. When choosing a payday loan company be sure it is registered and in good standing with the Better Business Bureau with no outstanding or unresolved complaints.
6. You need to understand the terms of the payday loan you are applying for.
7. When selecting a payday loan company online their website needs to clearly state the fees involved and the interest rate being charged.
8. You need to know the penalties if you do not pay the loan back on time.
9. You need to read and understand the fine print of your payday loan.
10. If you can not easy find the above information on the lenders website then don’t use them.
There are plenty of payday loan companies online that are completely legitimate but you need to protect yourself by reading the fine print. One rule of thumb I use is if a company is advertising on the internet they are most likely trustworthy because it cost money to advertise and the company would have to be profitable to pay for the advertising. Most customers will not deal with a non-reputable company very long and they eventually will be out of business with no profits to spend on advertising.
As you consider the above tips keep in mind you need to be able to repay your payday loan and still cover next weeks bills. Payday loans at times make perfect sense and you need to use them wisely to help your short term cash flow problems.